I was thinking back on when I first started trying to lose weight. I made simple changes. Easy things that didn' t cause too much muss and fuss in my established lifestyle.
1) Drink more. I started drinking more tea, water and coffee. Sometimes thirst masks itself as hunger so ask yourself if you're hungry or thirsty? Always go for thirst first.
2) Warm lemon water first thing in the morning. Hydrate hydrate. Fresh lemons only. It acts as a mild laxative.
3) Cucumber water. About mid afternoon when you start taking on water weight/swelling. Wash the cuke thoroughly. Slice it into 1/4 inch thick slices. Squeeze slightly. Put 2 slices in 8 oz glass pour warm water over it. Enjoy. This has a mild diuretic effect on your body.
4) Skip the salt and sugar as much as possible.
5) Add a tablespoon of ground flaxseed into everything you cook. You won't notice it I promise. It's full of omegas and acts as fiber woud in you diet.
6) Enjoy a slice of avacado with your meals. Fiber and essential fats.
7) Make the switch to GrapeOla. It's grapeseed oil which is very good for you mixed with Canola, also good for you. Chock full of omegas.
8) Enjoy an egg or two for breakfast. (boiled, fried, over easy or however you like it.) Add a slice of avacado, your lemon water, and some cheese or a slice of fruit and you're set for the morning on protein and energy.
9) Have a cup of coffee it's good for you!
10) Find a way to get 10 minutes of exercise in even if it's playing with your pets, your kids, getting outside and walking laps around your house, heck walk laps IN your house. You don't have to have a tread mill to walk steps or make loops through your house. Just move, deliberately, wtih exercise in mind, for 10 minutes.
See. Easy stuff.
Make it a goal to try this for a week. Tell me how you did.
Have a happy healthy week.